1. Elevates the Office SpaceOffices that look professional are more likely to pull in clients than drab, cramped spaces filled with basic furniture. Put your company’s best face forward by investing in quality furniture to spruce up the space. Furnishing your office space with furniture of high quality is a subtle sign to clients and employees that the company cares about appearances. When placed correctly, office furniture can help small office spaces look bigger.
2. Promotes Employee HealthHow does office furniture affect the health of employees? Very easily. Uncomfortable chairs and improper desks can lead to back problems. Ergonomic furniture can reduce back pain and other issues that can happen from using uncomfortable chairs. Good-quality office furniture can help eliminate employees’ stress and anxiety about coming to the office.
3. Saves MoneyQuality products of any kind last longer and work better than products of lower quality. Investing in quality furniture saves money in the long run because the furniture won’t need to be replaced as often. A company will also save money by preventing health problems in their employees. Fewer health problems mean fewer missed days of work and lower health insurance premiums. Companies that don’t prioritize their employees’ health often have high turnover rates and low productivity.
4. Improves ProductivityNo one can get much work done if they are in an uncomfortable chair that causes them pain. Quality office furniture ensures that employees can get their work done in a timely manner. In fact, they will want to come to work because the furniture is so comfortable and welcoming. Improper or poorly made office furniture can slow employees down as they gingerly maneuver the office space. Overall, happy employees do better work.
5. Boost Employee MoraleQuality office furniture extends beyond chairs. Long tables and open workspaces can boost morale compared to a cubicle workspace. Studies show that the cubicle work environment is isolating and reduces overall productivity. An office with open workspaces can foster a team environment in ways closed cubicles can’t compete with. Open areas encourage more collaboration among employees, which is another boost to productivity. Sure, they’ll occasionally talk about off-topic subjects, but on the whole, they’ll be work-focused. Many companies may opt for furniture of lesser quality due to budget constraints. However, they will ultimately end up hurting the company more than going a little over the budget. If you want to keep your employees happy and healthy, quality office furniture is the first place to start.
Be sure to help boost your employees morale with a new custom office build-out by Continental Office Group! We offer comprehensive project management of budget-friendly workplace furniture solutions – contact us today to get started with a free quote.