Haworth

Haworth began in 1948 as Modern Products. In 1954, the focus of Modern Products shifted toward office environments, in response to the development of modular office partitions. To reflect this new focus, the company changed its name to Modern Partitions.

In 1976 the company took its current name, Haworth, and the company began focusing exclusively on office furniture systems.

In the early 1980s, when office seating was added to Haworth product offering being built at the Allegan, Michigan Haworth Plant, the company continued its movement toward providing complete workspace solutions. Later in the 1980s, Haworth pursued an aggressive expansion in North America, Europe, and Asia.